OVC Smith Lane Animal Hospital – COVID-19 Update
The priority remains keeping everyone safe. To ensure we are following government and University of Guelph guidelines, the reopening is being done in a controlled way and at reduced capacities.
We will be conducting a combination of select in-person exams (one person permitted in the building with their pet), along with continued closed waiting room for some appointments (exam performed while client remains in parking lot on phone with doctor). You will know in advance of your visit if you will be in the building or asked to remain in your car for your pet’s exam. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we limit the number of people inside for everyone’s safety and comfort.
For clients who are entering the OVC Primary Healthcare Centre:
- Arrive ten minutes early for your appointment and call 519-840-0100 upon your arrival.
- A Client Service member will go through a brief COVID screening, check your pet in, and ask that you enter through the front doors (please limit to one person accompanying your pet).
- When entering the building please change into a new medical mask and sanitize your hands.
- A team member will escort you to an exam room where you will be seated outside the exam room door.
- The exam room door will remain open during your pet’s visit whenever possible unless we are examining a cat or for situations where it is increasing anxiety with your dog.
- Once your pet’s visit is complete, you will proceed to the reception area where you will pay for your visit and schedule follow up appointments if needed.
In an effort to reduce capacity in the building, we ask that you arrive early to allow time for check in and COVID screening. If you are late for your appointment, it may be cancelled and a $25 late fee being applied to your account.
All other services:
- Curbside pick-up for food, medication, and supplies will continue.
- Outdoor/telephone check-in for surgeries, rehabilitation sessions, and technician appointments will continue.
- For clients who remain in their cars for doctors appointments, please arrive ten minutes early to allow for telephone check in, and remain in the parking lot with a working and charged cell phone. Please do not leave the premises while your pet is being examined.
It is important that we provide seamless, safe, and efficient service and care as we re-open to the public. Once again, we thank you for your continued patience during this next phase. If you have questions or concerns with the re-opening strategy, please contact Primary Healthcare Centre management directly at [email protected]
Your dedication and support has meant the world to us. We are excited to begin welcoming you back!
The OVC Smith Lane Animal Hospital Team